[Yanel-usage] Docbook Resource?

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu May 22 23:34:07 CEST 2008

Mike W wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am a new user of Yanel--it's very cool from what I can see so far...

welcome :-)

> As a Technical Writer, I write documentation using Docbook transformed
> within an Ant framework tied in to SVN. I would like to try using
> Yanel for the management of my content and the Yulup as a WYSIWYG
> editor so that others on my team can begin using Docbook as well.

cool. I am not sure if Yulup will be sufficient, because the XSLT
support of Firefox is unfortunately not perfect, but it's definitely
worth giving it a try.

What editor do you normally use to edit Docbook?

> My question is...can someone provide me some quick & dirty
> instructions as to how to create a Docbook resource transformed with
> Docbook XSL into HTML for viewing / editing and back to Docbook for
> storage?

sure. I think it's sufficient to use the existing XML resource

YANEL_SOURCE/src/resources/xml/

whereas the resource config would look like something

<yanel:resource-config xmlns:yanel="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/rti/1.0">
  <yanel:rti name="xml"
namespace="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0"/>

  <yanel:property name="mime-type" value="application/xhtml+xml"/>
  <yanel:property name="xslt" value="/xslt/docbook2xhtml.xsl"/>
</yanel:resource-config>

If you send me a pointer to some XSLT then I will be setting up
something within the use-case realm or from-scratch realm.

Or are you using http://docbook.sourceforge.net/ ?

> I can take the instructions, create the resource and then re-write the
> instructions and post them to Yanel doc page.
>
> Also, as I learn more about Yanel, I can contribute to the effort in
> the area of doc writing / editing and organization.

that would be great