[Yanel-dev] Login/Register

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Apr 28 07:50:09 CEST 2010

Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> Hi
>
> On my current project, we need a way to refer anonymous users to a
> page where they can login or - in case they are not registered yet -
> register.

you mean there is a login/register link on the page somewhere?

> Of course, after doing either one of these, they should be returned to
> the original page they were visiting (the redirect resource seems to
> be doing this, but only almost, as I couldn't find a way to make the
> redirect dynamic instead of defining it in the res-config).
>
> Afaics, there is no way to do either of these at the moment, but maybe
> I'm overlooking something? If there is no ready solution, how would
> you embark on implementing these features?

one way would be to use the referer, but this only works if the person
first accessed your site, but not via email link or something
similar.

Or what about an overlay (at least for the login)?

But yes, none of the above exists out-of-the-box yet, but the pieces are
all there and "just" need to be assembled.