[Yanel-dev] Login/Register

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Wed Apr 28 09:39:33 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner at wyona.com>wrote:

> Mehmet Birgi wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On my current project, we need a way to refer anonymous users to a page
>> where they can login or - in case they are not registered yet - register.
>>

> you mean there is a login/register link on the page somewhere?

Yes. This appears for example when a user is not logged in and requests a
page where he/she can only see limited content while anonymous. In this
case, there is a part in the line of:

"This content is only available to registered users. Please *login* or *
register*."

These links should point to the login/registration pages respectively, and
after that, take the user back to the previously unavailable page, which, if
the user is logged in now, would show the content.

>  Of course, after doing either one of these, they should be returned to t=
he
>> original page they were visiting (the redirect resource seems to be doing
>> this, but only almost, as I couldn't find a way to make the redirect dyn=
amic
>> instead of defining it in the res-config).
>>
>> Afaics, there is no way to do either of these at the moment, but maybe I=
'm
>> overlooking something? If there is no ready solution, how would you emba=
rk
>> on implementing these features?
>>

> one way would be to use the referer, but this only works if the person
> first accessed your site, but not via email link or something
> similar.

maybe we could implement a check to see if the referer is part of our site,
and if not, redirect to the start page?

> Or what about an overlay (at least for the login)?

how would that work?

also, afaics, there is no specific URL to call the login page, which would
probably be needed?

cheers,

memo

> But yes, none of the above exists out-of-the-box yet, but the pieces are
> all there and "just" need to be assembled.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Memo
>>

>> --
>> Mehmet Birgi