[Yanel-usage] before I begin

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Jun 7 21:34:32 CEST 2011

Hi Darko

Am 07.06.11 19:11, schrieb Darko Hojnik:
> Hi there,
>
> I've never worked with yanel but I'm interested. I'm currently
> building a Portal and also I'm searching an alternative solution like
> Liferay.

what is/are the reason(s) that you wan to replace Liferay? I am asking
in order to be able to answer if Yanel
might be a better alternative.

> So could I deploy yanel as an portlet inside Jetspeed?

I guess you mean Jetspeed 2 (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/), right?

I am not sure I understand what you mean exactly by deploying Yanel as a
portlet inside Jetspeed?
Do you mean that Yanel provides content to Jetspeed via the portlet API
and Jetspeed presents this
to the end-user?
> Does it haves multilanguagesupport?

yes, e.g. http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/i18n.html

but you can also internationalize URLs etc.
> And can I chose a PostgreSQL 9 Database?

yes, whereas the recommended way is to use a data abstraction layer
(e.g. JCR or Yarep) instead accessing
the DB directly, but you can of course also use JDBC (or something
related) directly.

HTH

Michael