[Yanel-dev] User history default implementation

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:32:53 EDT 2015

just 2 cents from our project:
we have extended the user profile by two login dates:
- loginDate (the last)
- lastLoginDate (the login date before last login)

loginDate gets updated as soon as a user logs in. In order to preserve the
"last login date", before updating loginDate, we do lastLoginDate =
loginDate, and then  loginDate = now.

This way you have access to the last login date (lastLoginDate) in the
whole session or until the user logs in again... This way you can show
personalised content based on the last login date even after a few clicks
within the same session.

Cheers, Balz