[Yanel-dev] Apache Commons Codec

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:10:18 CET 2012

dear all,

this is just for your information, in case you once consider to use the
latest Commons Codec Library: http://commons.apache.org/codec/

I noticed that in the current Yanel version, different versions are used:

1) repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/2.0.0/gwt-dev-2.0.0.jar : this jar
contains the Base64 class, I don't know what version. So be aware of this.
2) Yanel's Test Control resources have a dependency to version 1.3 of the
codec:
      <dependency groupId="apache-jakarta-commons"
artifactId="apache-jakarta-commons-codec" version="1.3"/>

Questions:
a) Is there a possibility to exclude GWT from Yanel? I don't need that
anyway.
b) Can resources selectively be excluded in Yanel? e.g. I don't need to
blow up my JAR with unnecessary resources which I'm sure that my realm does
not require them.

Thanks
Balz.