[Yanel-dev] Creating a patch [WAS: Re: First steps with Mercurial

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Mar 10 09:26:01 CET 2011

Hi Cedric

On 3/2/11 5:44 PM, Cedric Staub wrote:

>> So far so good ;-) BUT how can I see the differences now between my
>> version and the default/master version?
>
> You can show the differences between two revisions with
>
> hg diff -r REV1:REV2

I have created now a "patch" using

hg diff -b -r 207:159 > comments-patch.txt

but I don't think I can apply this directly to SVN, because it does not
contain
the SVN revision numbers etc., right?

But I rather have to get these files and add them to my local SVN
checkout and proceed from there, right?

Or is there an alternative approach (I mean as long as SVN is the master)?