[Yanel-dev] Creating a patch [WAS: Re: First steps with Mercurial

Cedric Staub cs.staub at cssx.ch
Fri Mar 11 01:05:19 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 09:26:01AM +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> On 3/2/11 5:44 PM, Cedric Staub wrote:
> >> So far so good ;-) BUT how can I see the differences now between my
> >> version and the default/master version?
> >
> > You can show the differences between two revisions with
> >
> > hg diff -r REV1:REV2
>
> I have created now a "patch" using
>
> hg diff -b -r 207:159 > comments-patch.txt
>
> but I don't think I can apply this directly to SVN, because it does not
> contain
> the SVN revision numbers etc., right?

I don't see how this is a problem. The command normally used for
importing  patches (`patch`) is not part of Subversion, it's part
of the GNU project [1]. It shouldn't care about revision numbers
or other annotations. It doesn't even know it's working on a SVN
repository. It's all just files :-).

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/patch/

Cheers
Cedric