[Yanel-dev] Get all repositories within realm

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Wed Jan 5 12:04:34 CET 2011

Hello

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:52:18AM +0100, Balz Schreier wrote:
> my two cents on this:
> - I assume this is going to be a new resource that provides this feature?
> let the repositories be configurable via resource parameters. there might be
> the case where you don't want to provide the reindexing features to all
> people who have access to that page.

I was planning/working on making the functionality part of the search
resource, but through a different page of course. But now that you
mention it, I guess it would be neater to write a dedicated resource.

> in my project: reindexing of the data repository takes more than 4 hours and
> must be done by creating a parallel index. so I would not want to expose a
> "reindex button" for that repository, just for security reasons.

Yes, obviously we don't want the re-indexing page to be public.

> so, having them configurable would help to define which repos should be
> reindexable via this feature at all.

I agree, and I think this is actually a very neat solution, but it
doesn't solve the problem that the realm's default repos have no IDs.
So even if I make it configurable, how to we specify/get the default
repos like e.g. the data repo.

Thanks for the good feedback,
Cedric