[Yanel-dev] Re: Use of ImageMagick with Yanel/Yarep

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Wed Jun 30 14:01:29 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:
> Mehmet Birgi wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Michael Wechner
>> <michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:

>>> well, I would assume that im4java throws an exception
>>>
>>> @Memo: What does the log-file say if ImageMagick is not installed?
>>>

>> This is the error message Bruno had forwarded. In the log, there was
>> nothing special/different, as far as I can remember, only longer,, and
>> it was possible to see that the error originated in the method
>> resize() of ImageScaler, but I would have to reproduce the error to
>> get the whole thing, if you think it would help.
>
> yes, I think it would help to reproduce this exception and check whether
> there is a possibility
> to catch this somehow nicely.

OK, I will look into this.

> Also you might want to consider sending an email to the im4java community
> and ask there
> how to deal with such a situation.
>
> And last but not least I assume you are aware of
>
> src/contributions/resources/image/resource.xml
>
> right? This resource type allows scaling of jpg images and AFAIK it works
> quite well.

No. I wasn't aware. Frankly. I didn't check, as the custom
implementation was already done, and I just replaced the actual
resizing part. I will make a bugzilla entry in the customer project to
come back and check what there is, and maybe replace/use the existing
one. But only when we have a little more time, as for now the code is
working, and I would like to continue with other priorities ;-)

But many thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,

Memo