[Yanel-dev] Re: Use of ImageMagick with Yanel/Yarep

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Jun 25 23:20:26 CEST 2010

Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Michael Wechner
> <michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:
>
>> Cedric Staub wrote:

>>> I don't think there would be an easy way to do so, considering all the
>>> diffrent flavors of Linux/Unix that are out there and the various package
>>> managers that they use (for example, aptitude only works on Debian/Ubuntu
>>> systems). What you could probably do is check if ImageMagick is installed
>>> and if not print a warning message;
>>>
>> well, I would assume that im4java throws an exception
>>
>> @Memo: What does the log-file say if ImageMagick is not installed?
>>

> This is the error message Bruno had forwarded. In the log, there was
> nothing special/different, as far as I can remember, only longer,, and
> it was possible to see that the error originated in the method
> resize() of ImageScaler, but I would have to reproduce the error to
> get the whole thing, if you think it would help.

yes, I think it would help to reproduce this exception and check whether
there is a possibility
to catch this somehow nicely.

Also you might want to consider sending an email to the im4java
community and ask there
how to deal with such a situation.

And last but not least I assume you are aware of

src/contributions/resources/image/resource.xml

right? This resource type allows scaling of jpg images and AFAIK it
works quite well.