[Yanel-dev] resource-creator and creation of resource-configuration

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Jan 8 21:54:43 CET 2010

simon wrote:
> hi all
>
> i'm developing a svg resource-type. have a look at
> http://trac.yanel-contribution.3k3.org/wiki/svg
> the resource configuration is done with configurable views within a
> custom-config (like the BasicXMLResource).

very cool :-)

I would like to add a third-party resource type page to the yanel
website where we can link such resource types as yours.

Makes sense?
> i implemented CreatableV2 to allow creation of an svg via
> resource-creator. but the resource-creator is not able to create
> custom-config. i think this is ok for now. but what i would like is to
> disable creation of resource configuration at all.
> e.g if CreatableV2.createRTIProperties(Request) returns null no
> resource-configuration is created. this would be useful for resource
> which are configured via rc-map.

very much aggreed and I have the same itch ;-)

The question is where would you expect this to be configured? Or just as
you suggest above if null is returned?

> an other solution would be to delegate the creation of the
> resource-configuration to the resource. e.g. within CreatableV2
> introduce a methode createRC(HttpServletRequest request).

that would probably be the most elegant. I think the CreatableV2 is not
released yet

http://www.yanel.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/CreatableV2.html

but on the other hand it exists for quite some time now without any
changes and hence I am afraid
that people consider it realeased ...

Also we have the still experimental CreatableV3 within the contributions
folder ....

Well, we need to discuss this and make some decisions ;-)