[Yanel-dev] One more TinyMCE problem re locking pages

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Feb 6 00:54:06 CET 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
> simon wrote:
>> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have just noticed one more TinyMCE problem:
>>>
>>> Every time one is editing a page, then the page keeps locked after
>>> closing TinyMCE.
>> you mean by save or cancel?
>>>
>>> I have tested this within the from scratch realm and also within the
>>> Yanel website realm.
>> i have the same problem.
>>
>> i debugged the tinymce resource type and it calls
>> checkin/cancelCheckout on versionable. have not looked further.
>
> I am currently debugging it and I think the problem is, that the
> checkout is always called for every usecase,
> hence after checkin the checkout is called again and hence it stays
> checked out.

I think the old way the resource was called once

POST
/yanel/wyona-com/usecases/tinymce.html?edit-path=/consulting.html&cancel=Cancel

and in the new case:

POST /yanel/from-scratch-realm///de/index.html.tinymce-edit.html   (-->
Checkin)

GET
/yanel/from-scratch-realm///de/index.html.tinymce-edit.html?yanel.resource.usecase=introspection
(--> Checkout)

the introspection is called because of the new URL and because this is
usecase is treated as a default usecase it will checkout again the document,
whereas in the old case the usecase/tinymce.html itself had no
introspection ....

So I guess we have to catch either or. I am still not 100% sure about
this, but will try to fix/change this.