[Yanel-dev] One more TinyMCE problem re locking pages

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Feb 6 16:26:42 CET 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
>> simon wrote:

>>> you mean by save or cancel?

>>> i have the same problem.
>>>
>>> i debugged the tinymce resource type and it calls
>>> checkin/cancelCheckout on versionable. have not looked further.
>>
>> I am currently debugging it and I think the problem is, that the
>> checkout is always called for every usecase,
>> hence after checkin the checkout is called again and hence it stays
>> checked out.
>
> I think the old way the resource was called once
>
> POST
> /yanel/wyona-com/usecases/tinymce.html?edit-path=/consulting.html&cancel=Cancel
>

> and in the new case:
>
> POST /yanel/from-scratch-realm///de/index.html.tinymce-edit.html
> (--> Checkin)
>
> GET
> /yanel/from-scratch-realm///de/index.html.tinymce-edit.html?yanel.resource.usecase=introspection
> (--> Checkout)
>
> the introspection is called because of the new URL and because this is
> usecase is treated as a default usecase it will checkout again the
> document,
> whereas in the old case the usecase/tinymce.html itself had no
> introspection ....
>
> So I guess we have to catch either or. I am still not 100% sure about
> this, but will try to fix/change this.

It really was the introspection request which caused the exception,
whereas this is not the fault of the introspection itself,
but the problem is that the TinyMCE resource nearly always does a
checkout if the getView method is called, which
actually needs to be fixed.

But at the same time it also made sense to move the introspection
handling and this also solves the issue, whereas
I will add some comments to the TinyMCE that this needs to be refactored.