[Yanel-dev] data-repo-sitetree resource-type

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Feb 10 11:34:27 CET 2009

simon litwan schrieb:

>> it's being used within one of our customer projects
>>> since it announces every node to google. even usecases e.g.
>>> create-new-page.html )
>>
>> this depends on the implementation
> i know. but now it's only possible to use on implementation per realm.

if your not happy with the implementation, then you should improve it

>>> -a json view. (of the merged repo trees of data- and res-config-repo)
>>
>> it seems to me that you misunderstand because you keep mixing the
>> implementation with the API
> i don't think so. i just don't understand how to get the different
> sitetrees via the API.

as said, there is no such thing yet as a sitetree manager and I don't
think it makes sense to introduce one as
long as we haven't tried improving what already exists, I mean improving
the current implementations

>>> i think one of the problem is, it's only possible to get one
>>> sitetree implementation via api (NodeResConfigAndDataRepoImpl).
>>> but i think even in one realm it would be nice to use different
>>> sitetrees:
>>> - navigation
>>> - sitemap
>>> - google-sitemap
>>> - data-repo
>>> - res-config-repo
>>> which all are/can be independent of each other.
>>
>> agreed
>>>
>>> could it make sense to introduce something like a sitetreeManager
>>> (configurable per realm) which would give you all the (configured)
>>> sitetrees?
>>
>> quite probably, but need to think about it once more, but anyway it's
>> orthogonal to the actual sitetree API and I would it an enhancement.
>>
>> Also please keep in mind that one would like to have other kind of
>> "maps", for example topic maps
>>>
>>> my goal is to implement a sitetree editor which allows to move, copy
>>> etc. nodes between different trees.
>>
>> that's just a matter of using the sitetree API and has nothing to do
>> with the above mentioned/described.
> do you mean using the sitetree API within the sitetree-editor
> resource-type.

yes
> but how to get the different sitetrees? where are the sitetree
> configured? within the rc?

see above. Also as said before let's document what we currently have,
whereas I am happy to help.