[Yanel-dev] data-repo-sitetree resource-type

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Tue Feb 10 23:07:06 CET 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> simon litwan schrieb:
>>

>>> it's being used within one of our customer projects
>>>
>>> this depends on the implementation
>> i know. but now it's only possible to use on implementation per realm.
>

> if your not happy with the implementation, then you should improve it

>>> it seems to me that you misunderstand because you keep mixing the
>>> implementation with the API
>> i don't think so. i just don't understand how to get the different
>> sitetrees via the API.
>
> as said, there is no such thing yet as a sitetree manager and I don't
> think it makes sense to introduce one as
> long as we haven't tried improving what already exists, I mean
> improving the current implementations

>>> agreed

>>> quite probably, but need to think about it once more, but anyway
>>> it's orthogonal to the actual sitetree API and I would it an
>>> enhancement.
>>>
>>> Also please keep in mind that one would like to have other kind of
>>> "maps", for example topic maps

>>> that's just a matter of using the sitetree API and has nothing to do
>>> with the above mentioned/described.
>> do you mean using the sitetree API within the sitetree-editor
>> resource-type.
>
> yes
>> but how to get the different sitetrees? where are the sitetree
>> configured? within the rc?
>
> see above. Also as said before let's document what we currently have,
> whereas I am happy to help.
i think i found a simple way to improve the implementation to reach my goal.
i implemented within th data-repo-sitetree resource-type a way to
configure the sitetree within the resource-configuration.

but i stuck now because the init resolves only relative to
realmConfigFile. as defined in the interface
org.wyona.yanel.core.navigation.Sitetree the method public void
init(Document document, RealmConfigPathResolver resolver); only allows
RealmConfigPathResolver.
wouldn't it make sense to allow javax.xml.transform.URIResolver as resolver?

or is there a better way to use all the protocols which ResourceResolver
resolves.

simon