[Yanel-dev] yarep search documentation

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Sep 19 11:51:34 CEST 2008

simon litwan schrieb:
> hi all
>
> i've added some documentation about search in yarep.
>
> http://localhost:8080/yanel-website/en/documentation/yarep/yarepsearch.html

very cool, thanks very much

> while documenting i noticed something which i think needs to be improved.
>
> i've also added some FIXME:
> at the moment one can control the indexing in several ways.
> - configuration auto-indexer
> - configuration index-fulltext/index-properties
> - do explicit indexing via Indexer.index(node). (in my opinion this
> should be possible independently of
> auto-indexer/index-fulltext/index-properties)
>
> now if you configure index-fulltext=false and you index explicit with
> Indexer.index(node) it will do nothing. (Not even tell you).
> i think index-fulltext=false only make sense if auto-indexer=true

no, I don't think so, because also the custom indexer might want to
differentiate between index-fulltext and index-properties
(auto-indexer=false means that one is quite probably using a custom indexer)

> if you want only auto-index properties. but then still if you want to
> explicit index a node it will do nothing (not even tell you).
>
> i would propose to remove auto-indexer element and control
> auto-indexing with index-fulltext resp. index-properites. this way one
> can configure auto indexing of nodes AND/OR properties.

that might make sense, but I need to first check the current API to
state a clear opinion.