[Yanel-dev] Realm configuration

Alec Bickerton alec.bickerton at wyona.com
Wed Sep 17 15:29:25 CEST 2008

In order to keep this from invading the other discussion, I'd like to
suggest a  way to make easier to configure.

1) Upload or drop the real file into {YANEL_HOME}/realms
2) An ant task would then copy/or link the contents of /lib to /WEB-INF/lib
3) Register the realm in realms.xml
4) Trigger the new classes to be loaded for the realm to avoid a tomcat
restart.
4)i)  Would be nicest if done with a realm sensitive class loader
otherwise conflicts are possible.
4)ii)
Realm file could be organised.
  /lib/realm-lib.jar ( With all realm classes )
  /lib/dependencies
  /conf/realm.xml
  /conf/ac/identities/
  /conf/ac/policies/
  /conf/res/custom/(resource-types.xml )
  /conf/res/map/( resource-mappins as in res-configs)
  /data/search
  /data/yarup
  /data/repository

I'm not entirely sure if this is feasible at the moment, I just wanted
to get some feedback on the general principal.

Any comments?