[Yanel-dev] design restrictions caused by the toolbar

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Sat Mar 15 11:19:03 CET 2008

hi all

i noticed that with our current toolbar implementation one will have
problems to use a design with absolute positioned elements.

this is caused by the div#yaneltoolbar_middlewrap which allows the
toolbar stays at the top and the body is scrollable and also moves down
the whole body by the height of the toolbar to avoid hiding content of
the body by the toolbar.

this is actually nice in many cases, but not always. if one has a design
which has some elements with position:absolute; they won't be controlled
by this feature, they will not scroll and even worse overlap with the
toolbar.

i think we should refactor it and allow overwriting of the toolbar
insertion (adding the divs, adding the css, adding the menu structure)
per realm. at the moment just the menu structure can be overwritten per
realm.

WDOT?

simon