[Yanel-dev] design restrictions caused by the toolbar

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Mar 15 11:33:10 CET 2008

simon litwan wrote:

> hi all
>
> i noticed that with our current toolbar implementation one will have
> problems to use a design with absolute positioned elements.
>
> this is caused by the div#yaneltoolbar_middlewrap which allows the
> toolbar stays at the top and the body is scrollable and also moves
> down the whole body by the height of the toolbar to avoid hiding
> content of the body by the toolbar.
>
> this is actually nice in many cases, but not always. if one has a
> design which has some elements with position:absolute; they won't be
> controlled by this feature, they will not scroll and even worse
> overlap with the toolbar.

yes, it's very important that Yanel does not set any restrictions on a
custom design

> i think we should refactor it and allow overwriting of the toolbar
> insertion (adding the divs, adding the css, adding the menu structure)
> per realm. at the moment just the menu structure can be overwritten
> per realm.

agreed

I think for such a refactoring we should also insert a transformer such
that we don't get conflicts with custom CSS and one can always change it
something alternative.

> WDOT?

Do you want to make a concrete proposal?

I think we should first start with the documentation

http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/yanel-toolbar.html