[Yanel-dev] Some criticism on Jelly

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Tue Mar 11 14:39:55 CET 2008

Hi,

Yeah, I agree with most of them. But what's the alternative? Yanel is
evolving quite slowly, the beauty is usually sacrificed for a quicker
(and dirtier) solutions... like Jelly templates.

Since we have a lot of XML it would be the best to have the XML database
behind Yarep. Then we could simply write XQuery scripts, which I think
is difficult to criticize.

eXist, for instance, has the built in cocoon support, which makes it
already a content management system, where you can have templates, pipes
of xslt etc.

Evaldas

www.linkedin.com/in/taroza

Optaros - www.optaros.com