[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Subclipse-dev] svnkit with SVN 1.3]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat May 5 21:14:29 CEST 2007

FYI:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Subclipse-dev] svnkit with SVN 1.3
Date: 	Sat, 5 May 2007 16:05:07 -0400
From: 	Mark Phippard <markphip at gmail.com>
To: 	dev at subclipse.tigris.org

On 5/5/07, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:
> I would like to use svnkit with SVN 1.3 because there do not seem to
> exists any
> backports of SVN 1.4 for Ubuntu Breezy.
>
> The problem is that svnkit actually has SVN 1.4 implemented and will
> mess up SVN 1.3 workspaces, but I have read that it is possible to
> "disable" this somehow and that subclipse is basically doing this, but I
> have not been able to figure out how subsclipse is doing this.
>
> Any pointers are very much appreciated.

Subclipse does not do anything to do this.  There is a Java system
property "svnkit.upgradeWC you can set to a value of false.  If SVNKit
finds the property it will not upgrade the working copies.  Basically
letting you use it with a 1.3 WC.

I think if SVNKit is used to create a working copy it will still be 1.4.

It should not be that hard to get Subversion for Breezy.  Just
download the tarball and build it from source if you have to.  Or you
could download these static builds if you just need the command line
client.  http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-02/0040.shtml

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/