[Yanel-dev] Associate language versions

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Mar 20 20:30:24 CET 2007

Hi all,

In order to build a navigation framework, we need a way to associate the
different language versions of a page. I.e. for each language version of
a page we need to know how to get the other language versions.

There seem to be the following three possibilities:

1. Links to language versions in meta data of each language version
e.g. meta data of search.html points to suche.html and vice versa (use
uuids).
Problems:
- knowledge duplication
- when adding/removing a language version, the meta of all other
versions has to be updated
- meta data not implemented yet

2. Common meta data with links to each language version
meta data refers to a common "language-cluster" meta data, which refers
to all language versions.
Problems:
- extra meta file needed
- meta data not implemented yet

3. Sitetree
the sitetree refers to the different language versions of a node.
Problems:
- maybe language versions should be orthogonal to sitetree
- sitetree not really integrated yet (new pages are not automatically
added to sitetree)

WDYT?

I don't know which option would be the best one. To me the lenya
approach (tight coupling of language versions, encoding the language in
the url) seems to be much easier to handle...

josias