[Yanel-dev] What is the element "root-dir" good for?

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Feb 23 15:40:47 CET 2007

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have noticed a new element within the yanel realm config
>>
>> <root-dir>../..</root-dir>
>> </realm-config>
>>
>> What is this element good for?
>

> It's needed to copy a realm.
> Basically yanel only knows the location of the config files of a
> realm, but it doesn't know where the actual data resides. This is a
> problem when a realm should be copied. So I added the root-dir element
> which denotes the directory which contains the complete realm. This
> directory will be copied when a realm is copied.

ok, I see, but unfortunately resp. fortunately it doesn't have to be
this way ;-) because depending on how the repositories are being
configured resp. depending on the implementations these can be scattered
all over the place.

I think we should rather introduce a cooy method for repositories within
Yarep.

WDYT?

> By the way, this is documented in the javadoc of
> RealmConfiguration.java. If you think it should be documented
> somewhere else, please let me know.

I will make a note within the config itself and also a warning that this
will only work for realms containing all repositories under one "root"
repository.