[Yanel-dev] What is the element "root-dir" good for?

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Fri Feb 23 15:08:05 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed a new element within the yanel realm config
>
> <root-dir>../..</root-dir>
> </realm-config>
>
> What is this element good for?

It's needed to copy a realm.
Basically yanel only knows the location of the config files of a realm,
but it doesn't know where the actual data resides. This is a problem
when a realm should be copied. So I added the root-dir element which
denotes the directory which contains the complete realm. This directory
will be copied when a realm is copied.
By the way, this is documented in the javadoc of
RealmConfiguration.java. If you think it should be documented somewhere
else, please let me know.

Josias