[Yanel-development] spring framework

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Nov 22 15:02:47 CET 2006

Hi all,

FYI, We have started to add some basic spring [1] support to yanel. It's
supposed to make the management and configuration of components easier.
It allows e.g. to easily switch between several implementations of a
certain component.

The spring configuration file is located at
/conf/spring-yanel-config.xml

The idea is that the Yanel class has a BeanFactory which is used to
access the components defined in the configuration file.

So far it's just an example without any real functionality.
In the (near) future we would like to get components like e.g. the
RepositoryFactory, the MapFactory, or the ResourceTypeRegistry via
spring, instead of instantiating them directly.
In a next step we could add more configuration for those components to
the spring config file, instead of having specific configuration
mechanisms for each component.
Further it should be possible to have different spring config files,
s.t. a resource may define its own components.

Josias

[1] http://www.springframework.org