[Yanel-development] Some questions on bug 4985 (Implement chainof responsibility)

Paloma Gomez paloma.gomez at wyona.com
Thu Nov 23 13:44:32 CET 2006

> Paloma Gomez wrote:
>
>>Dear Michael,
>>
>>I am writing to you directly because I have some doubts about the notes
>>you wrote in the IRC yesterday. However, if you prefer it, I will forward
>>this e-mail to the yanel development list as well.
>>

> I think, you did forward this already ;-)
>
>>I have had a look at MapImpl.java and MapFactoryImpl.java as you told me
>>to do. When a request is processed, the method getResourceTypeIdentifier
>>is invoked in order to find out the resource type corresponding to the
>>document requested. This method appends *.yanel-rti to the given path and
>>searches for the resulting file name. If there isn't any file matching
>>that name, it returns a default resource type (file) and writes the
>>message "TODO: Implement chain of responsibility ..." in the log file.
>>

> right
>
>>I guess I should implement a sort of fallback mechanism so that if there
>>is not a file named path/to/file.yanel-rti the MapImpl tries to find
>>path/to.yanel-rti and so on.

The problem with this approach is that paths to xslt, css and
introspection files are also being appended .yanel-rti. As those yanel-rti
files do not exist, a warning message is written to the log and the
processing continues.

If I change this and make yanel search in the parent directory, it might
find a yanel-rti file which is supposed to be used when a resource type is
to be displayed and not when yanel is retrieving a xslt stylesheet or an
introspection file. I think it might be a problem, but I am not sure since
I  am not familiar enough with the request processing. WDYT?

> right, which could be configured per realm or something like that and
> wouldn't be hardcoded

What should be configured per realm? The file extension?

Thanks,

Paloma