[Yanel-development] Page displaying and atom feed

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Thu Nov 16 16:22:06 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 15:22 +0100, Paloma Gomez wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 12:40 +0100, Paloma Gomez wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have finally made the atom feed show up. However, I have the following
> >> problem: if I make the atom feed show up, the xhtml page is rendered
> >> without headers and navigation framework and if I make the page to be
> >> rendered correctly, the feed doesn't show up. I have tried two different
> >> rtds but none of them have worked.
> >
> > Maybe you have to apply two xslts to get both the atom content and the
> > header/nav stuff right. First atomfeed2xhtml.xsl, and then global.xsl.
> > But I guess there is no mechanism implemented to do that.
>
> I don't understand how  but the download area of the Yulup website does
> that. There is an xhtml file index.html, with the content, and a folder
> release-atom-entries which contains the atom entries. So the download area
> is made up two different parts: an xhtml file and a set of atom entries.
> When the page is to be rendered, yanel shows both: the xhtml content and
> the atom entries within the atom sidebar. Both the xhtml content and the
> atom entries are editable independently.

Hm, I tried to investigate a little.
An xml resource can display another resource specified by the
yanel-path.

Example (index.html.yanel-rti):

<{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}xml/>
mime-type: application/xhtml+xml
xslt: /xslt/global.xsl
yanel-path: /download/release-atom-entries/

The xml resource will generate the view of the resource
"/download/release-atom-entries", and then it will apply global.xsl.
The generation of the first view includes an xslt transformation also
(atomfeed2xhtml.xsl):

release-atom-entries.yanel-rti:

<{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}atom/>
feed-title: Releases
author: Yulup Release Manager
xslt: /xslt/atomfeed2xhtml.xsl
self-url:
http://www.yulup.org/download/release-atom-entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom
#self-url:
http://www.yulup.org:9190/ulysses/download/release-atom-entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom

It seems that a part of the content you see on the yulup download page
is not coming from website/download/index.html, but from
website/xslt/atomfeed2xhtml.xsl
I mean it does not really use the file /website/download/index.html
(or am I crazy?)

I guess it should be possible to do the same thing for the yanel
website, although I think that this inclusion mechanism is confusing.

josias