[Yanel-development] Page displaying and atom feed

Paloma Gomez paloma.gomez at wyona.com
Thu Nov 16 15:22:29 CET 2006

> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 12:40 +0100, Paloma Gomez wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have finally made the atom feed show up. However, I have the following
>> problem: if I make the atom feed show up, the xhtml page is rendered
>> without headers and navigation framework and if I make the page to be
>> rendered correctly, the feed doesn't show up. I have tried two different
>> rtds but none of them have worked.
>
> Maybe you have to apply two xslts to get both the atom content and the
> header/nav stuff right. First atomfeed2xhtml.xsl, and then global.xsl.
> But I guess there is no mechanism implemented to do that.

I don't understand how  but the download area of the Yulup website does
that. There is an xhtml file index.html, with the content, and a folder
release-atom-entries which contains the atom entries. So the download area
is made up two different parts: an xhtml file and a set of atom entries.
When the page is to be rendered, yanel shows both: the xhtml content and
the atom entries within the atom sidebar. Both the xhtml content and the
atom entries are editable independently.

 The yanel-rti file for the index.html document has the content I've
already shown:

<{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}xml/>
mime-type: application/xhtml+xml
xslt: /xslt/global.xsl
yanel-path: /download/release-atom-entries/
Somehow this yanel path tells yanel that there is something else to
display apart from index.html.

 I'm trying to do the same for the Yanel Website but I haven't succeeded
so far.

> Michi, do you have an idea how to solve this problem?
>

>> Without any rtd the feed shows up and the content of the page is shown
>> without headers and navigation framework.
>
> AFAIK there exists no navigation framework yet. The navigation menu is
> just a list of links hardcoded into global.xsl. That's why they don't
> show up when global.xsl ist not used...

OK, that's the reason why it didn't show up.

> Is there a node /news/release-atom-entries/ in your repository?

Yes, there is

Thanks,

Paloma