[Yanel-usage] Yanel is supporting now pre-authenticated users

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Dec 30 02:40:45 EST 2015

Greetings

Yanel is now supporting pre-authenticated users, which means for example
some previous system (e.g. extranet environment) will pre-authenticate
the user and a reverse proxy will forward the username of the
pre-authenticated user inside the request header to Yanel. The username
request header name can be configured inside yanel.xml, see element "<
pre-auth-request-header/>" at the bottom of the file

https://github.com/wyona/yanel/blob/master/conf/yanel.xml

This parameter takes effect so far inside

- YanelServlet.java
    - Authentication similar to BasicAuth, but without a password
- LoginResource.java
    - When no account exists yet for the pre-authenticated user, then
the access should be denied, but the login screen might want to take
this into account and present a registration form instead the login mask
- RedirectResourceV101.java
     - When pre-authenticated, then redirect can take this into account
- UserRegistrationResource.java
     - When pre-authenticated, then we still want to create an account
first and hence ask for some personal information