[Yanel-usage] uploading to a web server, how ?

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Jan 8 21:15:13 CET 2014

Hi Bård

It depends a bit what your hosting provider allows you to do or rather
what you are allowed to do on your web server.

Normally one would install Apache Tomcat on the webserver. For example
we are using linode.com where we can do whatever we want.

Or choose a hosting provider which is providing Apache Tomcat out of the
box. (search for "hosting Apache Tomcat")

Once you have setup an environment with Apache Tomcat, then you can
deploy your Yanel webapp inside Apache Tomcat
and point your domain/DNS to this server.

Another possibility is to run Yanel locally and every time you make
content changes, dump your Yanel based website as static html pages and
copy these static pages via FTP or scp to your web-server which is
running a regular webserber, for example Apache httpd.

Another possibility is that you pay a "small" fee and we will setup a
git repository for you (or that you setup one yourself at github) and
also provide the hosting environment on one of our servers (shared
linode), which would mean the following workflow:

- You run Yanel locally on your laptop based on a git repository and can
do all changes yourself (even offline)
- Every time you make a change, you commit and push via git
- We will receive a notification and will pull your new content via git
onto our webserver
- Voila your website will be up to date to the public

This would give you greatest flexibility and full control

HTH

Michael