[Yanel-usage] before I begin

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Jun 10 09:53:01 CEST 2011

Hi Darko

Sorry for the delayed response, please find some answers/comments inline
below

Am 08.06.11 10:02, schrieb Darko Hojnik:
> Hello Michael,
>
> The first reason against Liferay is that Liferay is not 100%
> compatible with Webkitbrowsers such like Apple Safari or Google
> Chrome. For my project I will search in a later stadium some
> investors. If the webside doesn't work on there Macbook, I got a problem.

ok

> The second reason are some issues with multilanguage content. And the
> integrated Wiki inside Liferay 6 is (sorry) just crap

ok

> You have right, I mean a deploy like a portled inside a Portal such
> like Apache Jetspeed2. Using a single sign on solution, display
> content to the enduser.
> Jetspeed 2, uPortal and GateIn are Portals and alternatives to Liferay.

ok

> Is there documentation available to use yanel with an JNDI Datasource?

not much documentation, but there is an example

https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/realms/konakart-yanel-realm

This is a Yanel realm integrating KonaKart (http://www.konakart.com/)
using SOAP (config/konakart_axis_client.properties) and JDBC
(config/konakart-repository.xml)

See for example:

res-types/model/src/java/org/wyona/konakart/model/impl/KonakartJDBCRepository.java
res-types/model/src/java/org/wyona/konakart/model/impl/KonakartOrderJDBCNode.java
res-types/model/src/java/org/wyona/konakart/model/impl/KonakartOrderOverviewJDBCNode.java
res-types/model/src/java/org/wyona/konakart/model/impl/KonakartProductJDBCNode.java
res-types/model/src/java/org/wyona/konakart/model/impl/KonakartProductOverviewJDBCNode.java

How would like to have Jetspeed2 access Yanel? Do you want to use
http://developers.sun.com/portalserver/reference/techart/jsr168/

?

HTH

Michael