[Yanel-usage] Tomcat and Sticky Sessions

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Feb 9 12:14:20 CET 2011

Hi Cedric

On 2/9/11 9:55 AM, Cedric Staub wrote:

> Yet, my session still gets swapped around occasionally, and I have no
> idea where to look. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot
> this or something?
>
> If all else fails, I think I might abandon the Apache Tomcat Connector
> and just try it with mod_proxy.

IIRC we are using mod_balance together with mod_proxy on the wyona.com
website and
we don't have the issues you are describing above.

Otherwise you might want to ask on the httpd mailing list:
users at httpd.apache.org

Thinking about not being sticky it shouldn't be a problem though,
because actually
the sessions should be serialized at any change and hence you should not
loose your session when
swapped from one node to the other. But maybe that's just theory ;-)