[Yanel-dev] Re: [Yanel-usage] WMD Editor

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Sep 14 09:57:04 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Nigel Runnels-Moss wrote:
>> I've come across Markdown before. This looks like quite a good
>> implementation at face value.
>
> I like the splitscreen example
>
> http://wmd-editor.com/examples/splitscreen
>
> and people which are used to Wiki syntax probably like it quite a bit.
>
> I have found an example using tables yet, but I assume it does also
> support tables somehow.

A friend of mine pointed me to

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

and in particular

"For any markup that is not covered by Markdown’s syntax, you simply use
HTML itself. There’s no need to preface it or delimit it to indicate
that you’re switching from Markdown to HTML; you just use the tags.

The only restrictions are that block-level HTML elements — e.g. <div>,
by blank lines, and the start and end tags of the block should not be
indented with tabs or spaces. Markdown is smart enough not to add extra
(unwanted) <p> tags around HTML block-level tags."