[Yanel-usage] Yanel-Box

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Sep 10 09:23:53 CEST 2010

Hi

It recently came to me that it would be great to have something like
"dropbox" for Yanel, which
means on your desktop you would have a folder (e.g. named "yanelbox") to
which you can drag and drop
files, create sub-folders, edit files, etc.

All of these actions would be synchronized with your Yanel CMS server
and made available within
your personal web-dashboard. From within your web-dashboard you could
associate this content
with any other part of your website, e.g. publish an OOo document as a
regular webpage under
a specific URL.

There seems to be some efforts re Open Source "dropbox" solutions, e.g.

http://www.sparkleshare.org/

and also some "scripted" solutions

http://fak3r.com/2009/09/14/howto-build-your-own-open-source-dropbox-clone/

whereas it seems to me it would nice to re-use WebDAV (or some
"automatic" SVN) which would
make it even less "proprietary" and also open it up to other CMS solutions.

The whole thing is really about bridging the gap between the desktop and
the Web-CMS, which
is still a huge problem in particular for people not familiar with
Web-based CMS and it would make
life a little bit easier.

WDYT?