[Yanel-usage] More on Docbook Xinclude

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon May 26 07:49:34 CEST 2008

simon litwan wrote:

> Mike W schrieb:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Looks like the "VERSION" reference in the error below indicates that
>> the transform is failing at the first Xinclude in the XSL file. That
>> reference had a relative path ("../VERSION") so I commented it out
>> and it failed on the next Xinclude which was in the current directory
>> ("param.xsl). So it looks like there is a problem with Xincludes? The
>> Docbook XSL has a lot of them...
>
> hi mike
>
> not sure i'm on the right track, but.
> first i think the problem are the relative path. to what are they
> relative. where do you store the files this references are pointing
> to. you could store them in your realms data-repo for now.
>
> maybe it would make sense in the future to make a docbook
> resource-type which then could contain the files the xsl is including.

agreed, whereas one could extend the XML resource and not much
programming would be required

> but for now just put them in the data-repo of your realm.
>
> then you need to add a protocol scheme in front of the xinclude path.

I don't think so, because if you don't specify a scheme it will fallback
to yanelrepo:/

> if you store the files your xsl is including within the data-repo of
> your realm the files will be accessible via the yanelrepo:/ schema.
>
> BTW i couldn't find the docu regarding source protocols. is there one?

yes, at

http://documentation.yanel.wyona.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Unstructured%20Points

Different schemes to access repository
<http://documentation.yanel.wyona.org/Edit.jsp?page=Different%20schemes%20to%20access%20repository>
There are several ways to access data within Yanel:

   1. Through the URL that will finally to a resource configuration:
      http://.../yanel/myrealm/index.html -> index.html.yanel-rc
   2. Through *yanelresource* scheme that allows to bypass HTTP:
      yanelresource:/index.html -> index.html.yanel.rc
   3. Through *yanelrepo* scheme that directly accesses the repository:
      yanelrepo:/index.html -> /data/index.html
   4. Through *yanelrepo* scheme that directly accesses the repository:
      yanelrepo:REALM_ID:/index.html -> /data/index.html
   5. Through *yanelrepo* scheme that directly accesses the repository:
      yanelrepo:REALM_ID:REPO_ID:/index.html -> /data/index.html

> otherwise we have to add something about the protocol scheme to the docu.

it would be great to merge this into the website documentation. Would
you, could you ;-) ?