[Yanel-usage] Performance of i18n implementation

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Apr 2 09:44:24 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems to me that the i18n transformer works very fine, but I have
> noticed that the i18n transformer notices changes within the XML
> configuration on the fly. Is it checking the last modified with every
> request or how is this implemented?

It's parsing the i18n file again for each request. This is bad of course
and should be improved.
To implement a last-modified check is not that easy because a message
catalogue is loaded via SourceResolver and the Source [1] interface
doesn't have a getLastModified() method. Maybe we have to extend the
Source interface or use something like excalibur Source [2].

josias

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Source.html
[2]
http://excalibur.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/excalibur/source/Source.html