[Yanel-usage] i18n root tag

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Apr 2 09:00:24 CEST 2008

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> According to the documentation
>>
>> http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/i18n.html
>>
>> one has to use <messages> as root tag, but I have found samples which
>> do not use this root tag.
>>
>> Is it possible that the root is no validated?
>

> It doesn't check the name of the root tag. Do you think it should?

well, I am not sure either, because the root tag is kind of special and
one can always do getDocumentElement() and doesn't have to know the tag
name. Nevertheless I think we should fix the samples such that it is at
least not confusing and according to the documentation

> I guess there are many places all over yanel where root tags are not
> checked.

right, but I don't think we should use that as an excuse ;-)

> josias
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Michi

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org
+41 44 272 91 61