[Yanel-usage] Problems with adding a new realm

Andreas Wuest awuest at student.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 8 17:09:54 CET 2007

Hi

On 8.1.2007 9:35 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Josias Thöny wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 22:53 +0100, Andreas Wuest wrote:
>>

>>> Hi

>> BTW, there is a note in realms.xml about the ordering.
>> But I agree it's not very intuitive...
>>

> well, but it's prominent (IMPORT NOTE ;-)

Frankly, "Incoming requests will be matched to a realm using the
information in this file. The first realm with a matching mount-point
will be used, so the order of the realms matters." could also be
understood as longest prefix match, but hey...

Anyway, this is what the install or deployment documentation is for.
Scattering various notes around multiple files is definitely *not* user
friendly.

And I think Yanel should be user friendly, but that's just MHO.

--
Kind regards,
Andi