[Yanel-usage] Problems with adding a new realm

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Mon Jan 8 09:25:48 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 22:53 +0100, Andreas Wuest wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 5.1.2007 22:44 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> > Andreas Wuest wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> After pulling my <realm/> up above the test realm, it now works.
> >>
> >> Does Yanel somehow depend on the order in which realms are listed in
> >> the realms.conf?

BTW, there is a note in realms.xml about the ordering.
But I agree it's not very intuitive...

> > yes. The very last realm is the "root" realm. Also see the root=true
> > attribute ;-)
>
> So, why, if we already have a root attribute, does ordering still matter?
>
> Either rely on ordering, or rely on an attribute, but not both!

Maybe we should remove the root attribute. We also could forget about
the ordering, yanel could sort the realms itself after reading the
config file (longest matching mount-point comes first). That way, the
realm with mount-point "/" would always be the root realm.

WDYT?

Josias