[Yanel-dev] Migrating from Java 8 to Java 9 - Base 64

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:18:14 EST 2018

Dear Michael,

sounds good, but can you explain the reason why you upgrade to Java 9?
I think it only makes sense to upgrade, if you also upgrade to Tomcat 9
(see http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html )
If somebody runs Yanel on Tomcat 8, Yanel won't work anymore.

In general, I'd appreciate a lot if Yanel would provide a branch for each
tomcat version.
The master branch will still (as today) contain the very latest code and
yanel users can choose what they want.

So before you make the upgrade, please create a branch tomcat8 (or
something like that) so that the current tomcat8 version before your
upgrade is still easily available in future

Cheers
Balz