[Yanel-dev] Enable GZIP Compression in Tomcat

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:55:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

I checked github repos of yanel but didn't find any example files for
SERVER.XML that would show the recommended configuration to run Yanel.

So I add the hint via mail although I believe it would be better to add a
server.xml example to the yanel github repo, so that people can start from
there.

Topic: Google Search Ranking is also dependent of the score you get out of
the Insights Tool:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Per default, Google Insights tell you to enable GZIP compression.

In order to do so, add these attributes to the Connector in the server.xml
of your Tomcat:

compression="on"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,application/x-javascript,text/css"

If you set this, produced HTML pages as well as ".js" and ".css" files will
be compressed.