[Yanel-dev] Yanel under Mac OSX Yosemite (with Java SE 8)

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 06:39:22 EDT 2014

Hi,
I now noticed the following: you can't build Yanel under Java SE8 as there
are libraries (APIs) used that have disappeared in SE8.

So in order to install SE6 in parallel to Yosemite's SE8, you have to
install this library provided by Apple:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

After that, you find SE6 again under the normal path:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home

or reference it explicitly in yanel.sh:

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

Cheers, Balz

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com