[Yanel-dev] Upgrading servlet spec...

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Mar 4 11:29:24 CET 2014

Hi

I would like to upgrade the servlet spec of Yanel, because Yanel is
currently using servlet spec 2.3, whereas the most recent version of the
servlet spec is now 3.1

This would allow us to make use of new interfaces like for example

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse.html#getStatus%28%29

The problem is that I guess many people are using for example older
Tomcat versions, which do not support the newer servlet spec yet, see
for example

http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

Yanel itself includes Tomcat 7.0.25 and we made good experience with it,
but of course we cannot expect that everyone is using newer Tomcat versions.

WDYT?