[Yanel-dev] XSLT only if XSL has changed

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 18:42:19 CET 2014

Thanks Michael,
yes I was exactly having that section of code in mind in the
BasicXMLResource.java:

xsltHandlers[i] = tf.newTransformerHandler(uriResolver.resolve(xsltPath,
xsltPath));

As far as I understand, this is not yet the transformation itself, it is
the building of the transformer object.
I measured a bit today and realized that for each include / import
statement, it fully parses the included file again, even if it has already
been parsed in that cycle.

So I think too many includes will slow down overall performance of the XSLT.

Cheers, Bas

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com