[Yanel-dev] XSLT only if XSL has changed

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Feb 28 10:31:16 CET 2014

Hi Balz

Please see my comments inline below

Am 28.02.14 10:08, schrieb basZero:
> Hi,
>
> as you know, Yanel performs the XSLT (Transformation of XSL to temporary
> Java Class) for EACH request.
>
> I would like to ask, whether there is anybody out there who has played with
> these two alternative approaches:
>
> 1) extend XSLT Processor in a way, that it keeps a list of XSLs including
> timestamps and only does the transformation, if the XSL has changed. Hence:
> reuse the java classes from earlier if nothing changed.

At the moment we use

<dependency groupId="xalan" artifactId="xalan" version="2.7.0"/>

but I am not sure whether what you are asking has actually anything to
do with Xalan itself, but
rather how we instantiate the XSLTs inside

src/impl/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/BasicXMLResource.java

It seems to me that we would have to introduce so called Templates as
described in

http://www.javaworld.com/article/2073394/java-xml/transparently-cache-xsl-transformations-with-jaxp.html

Maybe you can give it a try.

Independent of the caching the following performance hints might also
improve your situation

https://xalan.apache.org/old/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N10175

HTH

Michael