[Yanel-dev] Upgrading to log4j 2

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Sep 16 11:30:13 CEST 2013

Hi

I have merged now the branch log4j-2 into the master branch.

log4j version 1 and log4j version 2 are now running in parallel, whereas
log4j version 2 is
currently only used by the Yanel Servlet itself. The configuration of
log4j version is located at

conf/log4j2.xml
or rather
local/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/classes/log4j2.xml

and the log itself is according to this configuration at

logs/log4j2-cnode1.log

I will start to migrate more classes to log4j version 2 during the next
couple of weeks. Since many third party libraries
are using log4j version 1, we will also have to support log4j version
for quite some time.
There exists a "bridge", but IIUC it can not be applied in all cases,
hence I would suggest not to use the "bridge" unless
we really know its consequences.