[Yanel-dev] xinclude

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:42:50 CEST 2013

dear all,

I wanted to implement the following, but I struggled.

*What I have:*
- There are two resources (A+B) producing a valid HTML page with mime type
"text/html".
So when looking at the source of those HTML pages, I see this at the top:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

- Resource B is able to deliver the whole page without menu and sidebar.
This is achieved by passing in a URL parameter.

*What i want:*

- I would like to call the resource B with contentonly=true and include the
resulting HTML code into the page of resource A.

How can you do that?

When I use the following in a XSL of resource A...

*<xi:include href="yanelresource:/blabla/blabla"/>*

... it gives me this error:
Transformation error: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd:Line=31;Column=3:
exception:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The declaration for the entity
"HTML.Version" must end with '>'. root-cause:null line: -- Typical usage:
line: ^ error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The declaration for the
entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'. ).

If you know something about how to include the HTML output of another
resource in the called resource's XSL, let me know.

Cheers
Bas