[Yanel-dev] Concurrent Read Write Locks

Cedric Staub cs.staub at cssx.ch
Tue Jun 12 16:07:40 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Cedric Staub <cs.staub at cssx.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Michael Wechner <
> michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:
>
>>  Sleeping on it, I still think it makes sense, but it came to my mind,
>> that some custom code might not call "close()" as one should, and hence the
>> atomic move won't happen.
>>
>> Hence I think we need to make this enhancement configurable inside the
>> repository configuration, in order to give people
>> a chance to improve their code.
>>

> Sure, should be no problem to implement.

I have an initial implementation of this, which is now available from the
Yarep repository on Github (
https://github.com/wyona/yarep/tree/copy-on-write). You need to add the tag
<copy-on-write enabled="true"/> in order to enable it in your
VirtualFileSystem repository (other repositories are not supported). It's
still experimental, but I'd be happy if you could take a look at the code.

Thanks
Cedric