[Yanel-dev] xinclude

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:05:03 CET 2012

Hi Michael,
first of all, happy new year! I hope you had relaxing days over christmas.

I tested a bit further and I am still not able to produce the expected HTML.

So to sum up again, what I want to achieve is this:
- from XSL A (rendered as text/html) I do an xinclude of XSL B
(application/xml)
- within XSL B, I would like to produce this HTML at the end:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- Hi Michael //-->
</script>

While this can easily be achieved without using an xinclude (e.g. by
directly producing it in XSL A), I always end up in encoded characters:
HTML looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- Hi Michael //-->
</script>
In XSL B, I tried many combinations, like:

<script type="text/javascript">
<![CDATA[<!--  Hi Michael //-->]]>
</script>

or

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--  Hi Michael //-->
</script>

I currently think that it is impossible to produce the expected HTML if
application/xml has been chosen as mime type of the resource rendering XSL
B.

Maybe you have further thoughts about this, I'll try to implement a
workaround.
Cheers
Balz